There is not always a story behind every recipe, but a recipe can always become a story. Pork tenderloin covered with mustard and pistachios came in my mind when I wanted to prepare the meat in a different way. I had the will to surprise not only myself but also my guests, so instead of googling a recipe, I used my own imagination. The result was sensational, a mixture of special flavors. You know when you taste a new food and as soon as it enters your mouth you think something like… Gosh, that’s so-good. That’s exactly what happened.
1. Drizzle some oil in a pan and start browning the pork on medium heat. Turn the meat only once, after 3-5 minutes (when you see it browned on one side).
2. When it’s browned on the outside, put the meat on a cutting board and start spreading the mustard with a knife.
3. Remove the pistachios shells and chunk the pistachios in little pieces on a cutting board. You can use a simple knife or (for lazy chefs) a blender.
4. Now that the meat is covered with mustard and you reduced the pistachios in small chunks, cover the meat with them. The mustard should function as a stick and make this step easy for you.
5. Lay your prepared pork on a baking paper and let it cook in the oven at 200 °C for 15-20 minutes. Slice once it’s ready and serve it. On the side prepare a sauce with yogurt, squeezed lemon, a drizzle of oil and some salt. Enjoy!
This recipe has three key ingredients: pork, mustard and pistachios. It’s important that the quality of them is great, otherwise you will miss the greatness of this recipe. Go to your trusted butcher, get the real mustard (I use MAILLE original Dijon mustard) and fresh pistachios. Enjoy it with a plate of roasted potatoes and a glass of red wine.
…and let me know in the comments below if it turned out amazing!