When the hottest seasons come, usually spring and summer, it happens that the only food I want to cook and eat has to be extremely quick, simple and yet delicious. Easy, no? Besides tomatoes, which still remain on top of “My Favorite Ingredients” list (scarpettalpomodoro is certainly not a random name!), olives, anchovies and all kinds of grilled veggies are great challengers. Eggplants, peppers, zucchini, onions, potatoes, a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and there you go, ready!
Did it ever happen to you to have guests at home and to be stressed out the day before when thinking about what to cook to surprise your friends? Most of the time, perhaps, struggling so hard in searching for the perfect dish on a cooking book or online, ultimately never finding anything that just makes sense? This recipe proves that you clearly just need to make it simple, think about what you like, which ingredients make your gut heatlhy and happy, then use your creative mind and combine them in different ways of cooking and textures. As appetizer, as side dish, as snack, as aperitif, this rolls will make you go crazy!
1. First of all, roast the red and yellow peppers in the oven for 10 minutes in grill mode - then peal them once soft.
2. In the meantime, use a cutting board to cut the green pepper in small pieces.
3. Use a chopping board or a mixer (to make your life easier) to create a mixture of olives, anchovies and parmesan cheese. Once it’s minced, add the chunked green pepper in the mixer and do one more round.
4. Once the filling is ready, put it on the side in a bowl. At the same time, you can put the breadcrumps and some fresh leaves of parsley in another little container. It’s almost time to fill the peppers.
5. Once the peppers are ready from the oven, as said, pealed them and put them on a cutting board, cut them in equal slices and get ready to fill them.
6. Gently put some filling in each of the slices of pepper, then roll them.
7. Put the rolls on a tray, add the mixture of breadcrumbs and parsley on top, drizzle some oil and bake at 200 °C for 5 minutes on regular heat and switch to grill mode for 5 more minutes!
For some extra flavor, you can cut some feta cheese and add it to the filling….mmmm!