There is something about pistachios that makes me incredibly happy. I don’t know if it’s the taste, the color, the crunchiness. I just love pistachios in every dish and form. Just in case, if I would ever need to be a nut, I absolutely want to be a green pistachio. Would you remember that!?
This easy-peasy recipe is a perfect idea if you want to impress your family or friends with a dish that can be many things at the same time: juicy, crunchy, tender. In other words, incredibly delicious.
Among the lessons I’ve learned along these years of experience and practice in the kitchen, there is one thing that truly matters the most. The easier you think and try, the more genuine results you will get.
1. Cut the chicken breast in equal chunks.
2. Once cut, put the chicken in a bowl and squeeze one lemon.
3. Add some oil, salt, pepper, and then put the bowl in the fridge for about 30 minutes (let it marinate).
4. Peel the pistachios and cut them in small chunks with a knife or a blender.
5. Add the chunks of pistachios in a plate with some breadcrumbs and then mix everything with a spoon.
6. Now take the chicken and bread every chunk with the mix of pistachios and breadcrumbs. Then, add some oil on top and bake at 200° for 10-12 minutes.
7. Once cooked and browned, serve it hot and enjoy your tender chicken!
Instead of pistachios, you can substitute them with almonds or cashews. What matters the most is that you don’t have to chunk the nuts in super small pieces, otherwise you will miss the unique crunchiness of this dish. If you like oriental flavors, you can add some soy sauce to the marinade.